News 2018 (23)
Official press releases
Boulogne-Billancourt, January 22nd 2018 – Renault Sport Formula One Team driver Carlos Sainz will follow in the footsteps of his double World Rally Championship-winning father when he takes on the final stage of the 2018 Rallye Monte-Carlo.
- Clio Urban Nav Special Edition announced – based on the Dynamique Nav trim with additional features and equipment
- Clio Urban Nav Special Edition gains 16-inch grey alloy wheels, full LED headlights, rear parking sensors and new ‘Urban Grey’ body colour
- Special edition available with TCe 90 or dCi 90 engines
- One year’s free insurance offer available when purchased via PCP or HP schemes
- Renault Clio Urban Nav Special Edition starts from £16,225 on-the-road
- Renault Clio range starts from £12,445 on-the-road
Welsh rally driver Sara Williams has underlined her first successful foray into the French Renault Clio R3T Trophy that saw her competing – literally – at a high level throughout France.
- 100 per cent electric Renault ZOE named ‘Best Used Electric Car’ by Diesel Car and Eco Car Magazine
- ZOE now provides range of up to 250 miles (NEDC) – the longest of any mainstream electric vehicle
- A new ZOE is available from £14,245 (after Plug-in Car Grant) on-the-road
- ZOE is the best-selling 100 per cent electric vehicle in Europe
- Renault is the best-selling manufacturer of all-electric cars and vans in Europe
First unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2017, New Renault MÉGANE R.S. has been eagerly awaited by sports driving enthusiasts. Aiming to become – like its predecessors – a benchmark in the C-segment hot hatch market, this third generation of MÉGANE R.S. is packed full of Renault Sport expertise and passion.
After stunning in his first three events in 2017, 16-year-old sensation Bradley Burns (Farnham) has confirmed he will remain with the Team Pyro squad to contest the full Renault UK Clio Cup season in 2018.
Renault Sport continues its historic partnership of over 30 years with the Automobile Club de Monaco, organiser of all the motorsport competitions in the Principality.
The new Mégane R.S. – the brand's latest sport model that combines agility, performance and versatility – will be on show at international sports events such as the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix.
See the four cars transform into lead and safety vehicles on the route of the 86th Monte Carlo Automobile Rally from 22 January.
Belfast’s Jack Young will go for a second straight Renault UK Clio Cup Junior title in 2018 with the team with which he won 2017’s crown – MRM Racing.
3.76 million vehicles sold, a rise of 8.5% in a market that grew 2.3%.
A record year for Renault, the world's leading French brand, and for Dacia. Renault is the number-two brand in Europe.
Renault remains the leader in Europe's electric-vehicle segment with market share of 23.8%.
All the regions of the group increased both in sales volumes and market share. In particular, the group posted a sales increase of 13.6% in the Eurasia region and 17.0% in the Asia-Pacific region.
Renault is seeking continued growth1 in 2018, buoyed by the development of its international activities and its renewed range.
Louis Doyle will contest 2018’s Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship with the JamSport Racing team.
A new, aggressively-styled limited-edition Clio, inspired by the world of Renault Sport Formula One Team
A dark, striking look embellished by Sirius Yellow detailing, plus an unmistakable sporty feel inside
In addition to targeting motorsport aficionados, the Clio R.S. 18 has the makings of a future classic
Alliance Ventures to prioritize next-generation mobility with $200 million year-one funding
New entity to act as main interface for start-ups, investors and the venture capital ecosystem
Fund prioritizes open innovation in new mobility, including electrification, autonomous systems, connectivity and artificial intelligence
First deal to be a strategic investment in Ionic Materials, a US company developing cobalt-free solid-state battery materials
Luke Reade (Dartford) will contest 2018’s Renault UK Clio Cup with fellow Kent-based team WDE Motorsport.
- Adam Wood appointed Marketing Director, Groupe Renault UK and Ireland
- Promoted from Head of Marketing Communications role
- Appointment comes ten years after joining Renault UK on the Graduate Management scheme
- James Boyer moves to new role in Paris Global Head Office
- Several other Marketing roles realigned in new department structure
New Mégane R.S. 280hp manual gearbox with Sport chassis will be available from €37,600 and New Mégane R.S. 280hp EDC gearbox with Sport chassis from €39,400.
New Mégane R.S. is packed with high-performance technologies: 4CONTROL system, four hydraulic compression stops, a new 1.8-litre turbo engine with more torque and increased power output, and the R.S. Monitor Expert system.
The sports car combines sporty feel and everyday versatility.
It comes with two chassis – Sport or Cup – and two gearboxes – manual or dual-clutch automatic.
Orders for New Mégane R.S. 280hp EDC gearbox open in February 2018. Orders for New Mégane R.S. 280hp manual gearbox will open in spring 2018.
Sam Osborne (Worksop) will contest a second full Renault UK Clio Cup season in 2018 with the team he switched to for 2017’s final rounds – WDE Motorsport.
Brett Lidsey (Northfleet) has announced he will contest 2018’s Renault UK Clio Cup with the MRM Racing team.
Group passenger cars + light commercial vehicles (PC+LCV) sales rose 3.4% in 2017 to 673,869 units, the highest figure for six years.
Building on a fully renewed range, Renault is reporting its highest PC+LCV sales for six years, with 554,505 units (+ 2.7%)
Dacia posted a new historic record for PC+LCV sales with 119,357 units (+ 6.5%).
Renault and Dacia rank first and third respectively on the PC market for consumer sales. Groupe Renault is reporting its second best performance for the XXIth century so far, in this market.