News 2017 (400)
Official press releases
Gus Burton (Colchester) has become the second driver to join the JamSport Racing team for the new Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship.
Rapid saloon car racer Myles Collins (Harrogate) has announced he will contest 2017’s Renault UK Clio Cup, with the returning Westbourne Motorsport team.
BP and Renault Sport Racing have today announced a new partnership which will see the global oil company join the recently reformed Renault Sport Formula One Team in support of their ambition to fight for the World Championship in the next five years. BP and Castrol, the oil company’s global lubricant brand, will provide fuels and lubricants for the upcoming Formula 1 season, which gets underway in Melbourne, Australia, in March.
- Four Renault 8 Gordinis to join 20th edition of the Rallye Monte-Carlo Historique
- Renault Classic teams depart Barcelona on 27 January, arrive Monaco 01 February
- Opening of reservations for the 2017 European calendar of Passion Days with Renault Sport.
- An offering for customers of the R.S. range since more than ten years.
- Professional instruction on four legendary circuits in France and Belgium.
This year’s Rallye Monte-Carlo proved to be particularly competitive for the Clio R3Ts entered by the Renault Sport Racing Team. Ultimately, consistency prevailed as Luca Panzani, winner of the Clio R3T Italia Trophy, ended the rally in front, finishing as runner-up in the WRC 3 and winning the R3 class. He finished ahead of Charles Martin (France) and Surhayen Pernia (Iberia), whilst Cédric Althaus (Alps) was forced to retire on Saturday’s final stage.
The nine teams entered in the Formula Renault Eurocup are busily preparing their campaigns and the first announcements suggest 2017 will be one of the finest seasons ever. 23 drivers have signed on with the various squads three months before the start of the season at Monza on April 22nd.
Unique industry initiative is in partnership with Auto Express magazine and Driver Power
17 Renault franchises awarded coveted ‘Dealer of Excellence’ status
Award recognises dealerships that far exceed the manufacturer’s customer satisfaction measurements
Programme contributes to Groupe Renault UK’s increased focus on customer satisfaction
Bradley Burns (Farnham) has become the second driver to announce his plans to join the new Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship for 14 to 17-year-old drivers in 2017, with the JamSport Racing team.
RECORD SALES FOR GROUPE RENAULT, UP 13.3% TO 3.18 MILLION VEHICLES IN 2016 FOR THE LAST YEAR OF THE RENAULT DRIVE THE CHANGE
- Record year-on-year increase of 374,000 units (13.3%), up to 3.18 million vehicles sold in 2016.
- Record year for Renault, top French brand worldwide, and Dacia, and Renault Samsung Motors volumes up by 38.8%.
- Market share up in all regions: Renault brand number-two in Europe, while the Alliance is the number-two automotive group.
- Sustained growth ambitions for Renault in 2017, with young product range, new releases, and international development.
Max Marzorati (Harrow) has become the first driver to announce he will race in the new Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship for 14 to 17-year-old drivers in 2017, with the 20Ten Racing with Pyro squad.
Renault Sport Racing Team has four Renault Clio R3Ts taking part in the 2017 Rallye Monte-Carlo, the opening event of the World Rally Championship (19-22 January). Winners of the Clio R3T Trophy in 2016, Charles Martin (France), Cédric Althaus (Alps), Luca Panzani (Italy) and Surhayen Pernia (Iberia) all have the chance to shine at one of the world’s most famous and iconic rallies. Despite their differing experiences, they are all determined to produce their best in the WRC, whilst showcasing the qualities of Clio R3T on a demanding event.
- Renault Pro+ announces world premier of two new commercial electric vehicles: New Kangoo Z.E.* and Master Z.E.* to add to its electric LCV family.
- New Kangoo Z.E. gains a new battery and a new engine with a range increase of over 50%: 270 km NEDC** - creating new category leader.
- Master Z.E. brings the expertise of Renault, European leader in electric vehicles, to the large van segment.
- New connected services enable professional customers to do better business by connecting van to their activity.
The Renault UK Clio Cup’s unrivalled reputation for producing the future stars of the British Touring Car Championship has been underlined once more this morning after reigning Champion Ant Whorton-Eales (Lichfield) confirmed his place on the BTCC grid for 2017.
- Renault ZOE named overall ‘Best Electric Car’
Renault ZOE named ‘Best Electric Car under £20,000’ for fourth consecutive year
ZOE also a finalist for the Technology Award
ZOE now provides range of up to 250 miles (NEDC) – the longest of any mainstream electric vehicle
ZOE available from £13,995 (after Plug-in Car Grant)
- All-New Renault Scénic and Grand Scénic awarded ‘Best MPV’ at UK Car of the Year Awards 2017
- Judged by some of the UK’s most influential motoring writers
- Latest fourth generation Scénic described as stylish, confident and practical
- UK COTY provides authoritative, independent advice to buyers
Renault van sales up 1.5 per cent to 25,842 vehicles in 2016
Renault van market share grew to 6.8 per cent
Renault van sales in the UK considerably outpace the van market growth rate
Strong LCV growth beats 2015’s record year for Renault LCVs in the UK
Renault has been Europe’s number one LCV manufacturer for eighteen years
Renault car sales up by 12.5 per cent in 2016 to 85,102 vehicles
Renault cars represent 3.2 per cent of the 2016 car market
Fifth consecutive year of growth, outpacing the market with increasing market share
Groupe Renault UK records 137,506 vehicle sales in 2016 – up 8 per cent on 2015
- Renault open platform enables co-innovation with partners, opportunity to explore niche markets and allows partners to build their own electric vehicle, creative apps.
- Renault partners OSVehicle, ARM, Pilot and Sensoria showcase innovative new projects.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance tech on display at CES 2017 during CEO keynote, Nissan demonstrations.