News 2017 (400)
Official press releases
Kent’s legendary Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit hosts the Renault UK Clio Cup’s final rounds of 2017 this weekend (Sat 30 Sept/Sun 1 Oct) and although local hero Mike Bushell (Tunbridge Wells) is already guaranteed the crown there is still plenty at stake with three more titles yet to be decided…
With a calendar entirely composed of F1 homologated circuits, the 2018 Formula Renault Eurocup season will allow young drivers the chance to learn and battle on ten of Europe’s finest tracks, including Monaco.
Team Pyro team-mates Max Marzorati (Harrow) and Lorcan Hanafin (Guiseley) took the wins in Sunday’s two Renault UK Clio Cup Junior rounds on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit.
Starting from pole for the eighth time this year, Sacha Fenestraz (Josef Kaufmann Racing) took a first step towards the Formula Renault Eurocup title this Sunday with the win at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
France’s Sacha Fenestraz (Josef Kaufmann Racing) and Gabriel Aubry (Tech 1 Racing) have won the first two races of the Formula Renault Eurocup held at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
Formula Renault Eurocup leader Sacha Fenestraz (Josef Kaufmann Racing) came up big in the title chase in taking the three pole positions on offer at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
Groupe Renault’s international growth strategy continues with the launch of Captur – Renault’s star SUV – in India.
The geographical coverage of Renault Captur, which is built on the group’s B0 platform, has been further extended in the wake of its introduction in Russia and Latin America.
Pre-order books for Captur in India open on September 22, 2017.
Two more drivers – reigning Fiesta Junior Champion Harry Gooding (Bridgwater) and Junior Saloon Car front-runner TJ Rodriguez (Rayleigh) – will join the Renault UK Clio Cup Junior grid at Brands Hatch this weekend (Sat 23/Sun 24 September).
- Renault and Central Saint Martins, UAL collaborative competition unveils car of the future
- Winning model is on show at designjunction 2017 21st-24th September in Central London
- Renault is a headline partner of designjunction 2017
- MA Industrial Design students challenged to design cars for a changing transport landscape
- Winner spent two weeks with senior designers at Renault’s design studios in Paris
- Innovative Renault TreZor concept on display on Renault stand
New Renault KOLEOS has received a five-star rating on safety tests administered by the independent organisation Euro NCAP.
New KOLEOS benefits from Renault’s vast experience in the realm of passive safety and targets excellence in the independent NCAP tests.
ON active safety, New KOLEOS’ raft of standard equipment is complemented by a palette of state-of-the-art driver aids (ADAS).
- Renault ZOE continues winning form taking “Best Eco Car” award
- ZOE offers best range of any mainstream electric vehicle
- New Z.E.40 battery provides 250 miles (NEDC) of driving on a single charge
- ZOE was Europe’s best-selling electric car in 2016
- ZOE range priced from £14,245 on-the-road (after Plug-in Car Grant)
- New TCe 165 engine becomes the most powerful engine in the Kadjar range
- New dCi 130 Auto X-Tronic – CVT gearbox mated to dCi 130 engine
- Hands free keycard with walkaway function now available
- Kadjar range available from £19,785 (OTR)
- Renault Kadjar TCe 165 available from £22,915 (OTR)
- Renault Kadjar dCi 130 Auto X-Tronic priced from £26,015 (OTR)
After a hugely encouraging start at Snetterton, Renault UK’s new Clio Cup Junior championship for 14 to 17 year-old drivers this weekend (Sat 23/Sun 24 Sept) moves to the famous Brands Hatch circuit in Kent where the competition is expected to be even closer.
Formula E has teamed up with The Climate Group as a Global Ambassador for EV100 - to help promote the widespread uptake of electric vehicles.
At the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017, Renault unveiled its vision of mobility in 2030 with SYMBIOZ, an autonomous, electric, connected concept car that works in perfect harmony with the home.
Alongside this presentation, the brand has introduced an original, futuristic concept on social media: #RenaultTimeCapsule.
The idea behind it is simple: write a message on Twitter that sets out your own vision of tomorrow’s mobility, then conceal it!
Set for launch at the Frankfurt motorshow, the Megane R.S. - Renault's compact sports car - is poised for a spectacular comeback. In 2017, Renault Sport celebrates its 40th anniversary yet its mission remains unchanged: to create a clear link between motorsport, the brand’s commitment to Formula 1 and its standard production cars: “From the racetrack to the road". In two generations, and almost 16 variants, the Mégane R.S. has come to symbolise this philosophy. Thanks to a number of motorsport-derived technologies, the Mégane R.S. has become a benchmark in the world of high-performance road cars.
James Dorlin (Barnsley) and, in his 200th race in the championship, Paul Rivett (Epsom Downs) shared the victories in the Renault UK Clio Cup’s latest two rounds at Silverstone at the weekend.
Renault Sport Formula One Team moved ahead to seventh position in the Constructors’ Championship and driver Jolyon Palmer posted his F1 career best result finishing sixth at the Singapore Grand Prix.