News 2017 (400)
Official press releases
Gus Burton (Colchester) says his key objectives in the new Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship will be to improve his race craft ahead of contesting the category in 2018.
Northamptonshire’s unique ‘NASCAR’ style Rockingham circuit hosts the Renault UK Clio Cup’s latest two rounds (Sat 26/Sun 27 August) with Mike Bushell (Tunbridge Wells) in with a chance of being crowned Champion there live on ITV4.
This weekend, the Formula Renault Eurocup will be back in action at Circuit Paul Ricard. Following the summer break, the drivers will return to competition at the eighth meeting of the season. The battles promise to intensify on the same track that will host the 2018 Formula 1 French Grand Prix.
British and Northern Irish karting Champion Jack Young (Belfast) will contest the new Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship for 14 to 17-year-old drivers with the MRM team.
Top kart racer Zak Fulk (Guildford) will contest the remainder of the Renault UK Clio Cup season with Team Pyro – starting at the championship’s next two rounds at Rockingham, Northamptonshire (Sat 26/Sun 27 August).
Here are the first pictures of the stunning-looking Renault Retail Group UK backed car with which Max Marzorati (Harrow) will contest the inaugural Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship.
- New Clio Renault Sport gains new ‘Black Edition’ look pack option
- New option pack provides a stronger look to both New Clio Renault Sport versions with black exterior touches
- Option costs £200 on the New Clio Renault Sport 220 Trophy and £350 on the New Clio Renault Sport 200
- Available to order now
- New Renault Clio Renault Sport range starts from £20,295 OTR
- New Renault Clio available from just £45 per week with free metallic paint and dual controls
- Competitive offer only available until the end of September
- Stylish New Clio offers a varied specification catering to many business needs
- Groupe Renault, IDRO and PARTO NEGIN NASEH Co (NEGIN Holding) are announcing the creation of a new joint venture company in Iran to boost Renault's presence in the country and step up the brand's growth.
- The joint venture follows on from the strategic partnership agreement signed at the Paris Motor Show on September 30, 2016.
- In first-half 2017, Groupe Renault sales in Iran doubled year on year, for a total 68,365 vehicles and a 9.7% market share.
Lorcan Hanafin (Guiseley) has announced his plans to contest the inaugural Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship, with the Team Pyro squad.
Bradley Burns (Farnham) will become one of the youngest drivers to ever race in the Renault UK Clio Cup when he makes his debut in the championship at Rockingham later this month aged just 16 years and 25 days old.
- Mark Potter becomes National Fleet Manager – a newly created role
- Mark Dickens continues as Groupe Renault Head of Fleet Operations & Remarketing with additional responsibilities
- Patrick Whyman assumes new role of National Rental and Mobility Manager with responsibility to develop Groupe Renault UK’s strategy for new mobility solutions
- A new team of 10 Business Sales Area Managers will support dealers of all sizes
Mike Bushell (Tunbridge Wells) made it four wins in a row with victories in both Renault UK Clio Cup rounds at the Snetterton circuit in Norfolk on Sunday – results that in theory mean he could clinch the title as early as the next two rounds at Rockingham in late August.
Fortunes didn’t favour Renault Sport Formula One Team in a fast-paced and hot Hungarian Grand Prix with Jolyon Palmer finishing twelfth and Nico Hülkenberg returning to the pits three-laps shy from the chequered flag, following contact with Kevin Magnussen. Nico was classified seventeenth at the finish.
After a thrilling race but with mixed emotions, Renault e.dams remains on top of the standings with a 33-point advantage.
Once again, this year Renault Sport Racing invited the Formula Renault Eurocup leaders to the paddock of the Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix over two days. Four drivers were on hand to explore the surroundings of the world championship, meet key personnel from the Renault Sport Formula One Team and Renault Sport Academy and enjoy a behind the scenes F1 visit.
- Registrations increased 10.4% to 1.88 million units.
- Group revenues increased by 17.3% to €29,537 million (+12.2% excluding the AVTOVAZ consolidation effect(1)).
- Group operating margin stood at €1,820 million, representing 6.2% of revenues. Excluding AVTOVAZ, the operating margin increased by 17.9% to €1,817 million (6.4% of revenues, as compared with 6.1% during the first half of 2016).
- Group operating income stands at €1,789 million (+21.2%) compared with €1,476 million.
- Net income at €2,416 million (+54.2%) compared with €1,567 million.
- Positive Automotive operational free cash flow of €358 million.
- The Group confirms its full-year guidance.
- Combined sales exceed 5.27 million units from Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors in six months to June 30, 2017, rose 7 percent.
- Cumulative volume of electric vehicle sales exceeds 480,000 units.
- Enlarged Alliance set to become industry’s number-one sales group for full year 2017.
Drivers from a cross section of junior motor sport categories have again raved about the car to be used in this year’s inaugural Renault UK Clio Cup Junior championship after getting their first experience of it at a special taster day event.