UK Car of the Year judges have awarded the Alpine A110 the title of ‘Best Performance Car’. This latest accolade joins a host of coveted award wins that have been presented to Alpine for its A110 in the past 12 months and sits alongside the A110’s inclusion in the seven-car shortlist for the overall European Car of the Year 2019 award.
The judging panel was impressed by the cohesion of the Alpine A110 package. In particular, the lightweight design was credited for delivering an exciting driving experience.
Judge Alex Grant said: “There’s an art to reviving brands and heritage models with new technology, and the A110 hits the mark perfectly. Chic, lightweight and surprisingly compact, it’s rightly put Alpine back on the wish lists of enthusiasts across the UK. This is a classic in the making.”
Sébastien Erphelin, Managing Director, Alpine said: “It’s fantastic for the Alpine A110 to be recognised in this way by the UK Car of the Year jurors. To continue to receive such strong recognition for the qualities of the A110 in the UK and across Europe gives the whole team a tremendous amount of satisfaction.”
Alpine’s award haul
This latest accolade caps a successful 12 months for the Alpine A110. The driver-focused sports car has been awarded multiple coveted titles in the UK and across the world:
- Autocar Awards: Five-star Car
- Autocar Awards: Number One of Fifty Best New Cars Under £50,000
- BBC TopGear Magazine Performance Car of the Year: Performance Car of the Year
- BBC TopGear Magazine Awards: Sports Car of the Year.
- evo Magazine: Coupe of the Year
- Motor Sport Magazine Hall of Fame Awards: Road Car of the Year
- Octane Historic Motoring Awards: Performance Car of the Year
- UK Car of the Year: Best Performance Car
- Nominated for European Car of the Year 2019
The A110 is available in two trims; A110 Pure encapsulates the driver-focused spirit of the original Berlinette, whilst the A110 Légende has more of a touring character with sophisticated interior materials and six-way adjustable comfort seats. The A110 is priced from £46,905 and is available to order now.
Further information is available at www.alpinecars.com.